Sunday, May 07, 2017

Personally: Sunday Funday!

Well, hi! I was in the mood to write, and even though I haven't done a lot of reading, it's been an eventful week.

I'm right in the middle of the transition from the regular semester to summer, so there's lots of grading to be done. One of my online classes completely finished up this week. I even turned in my grades early!

My on-ground classes are turning in big projects tomorrow: a research paper and a digital presentation, so there will be plenty to grade.

As if that wasn't enough, my other two online classes are at mid-term. I'm finishing up their midterm grades for submission today, and they have a paper due tomorrow. More to grade! Ack!

OH, and I had to cancel my Wednesday night class this past week because I was under the weather, so I get to meet with them TWICE this week. Half-hearted yayyyy. Womp. I love them, but I do not love the commute and the hours: 6-10pm.

This past week has been kind of a hoot, if I'm honest. Greyson had his very first school musical performance. He was so cute in the chorus, and he had a short solo singing part as well. He's been humming the songs all week long. Friday was a field trip to the movies with plenty of time to play at the park afterward, AND he got to stay out late playing with friends in the evening. He rounded the day out with some gaming on the Nintendo 2DS he got for his birthday. I've never seen a happier, sleepier kid.

Yesterday was Fox Fest in our little town. Downtown was closed off to make room for vendor tents, food trucks and stands, inflatable bounce houses, more food, a petting zoo and pony rides, and a main stage with music and whatnot. It's really not as big as it sounds, but it was plenty of excitement for kiddo. We bought an all day pass to the bounce houses, and he was good to go. We enjoyed fried catfish for lunch and bought some homemade baked goodies on the way out before we voted in our school district's school board election. Civic duty, done.

David is out getting groceries, and I'm finishing today's grading, cleaning the house, and doing all the miscellaneous stuff I need to finish up before a new week starts: floors, laundry, tidying, lesson planning, sticker printing, cutting, and packing, and finally picking G up from his dad's. And cooking! Ribs and dutch oven scalloped potatoes for dinner!


I have a little time to kill before I have to be anywhere, so I'm going to play a bit of Nintendo DS myself. After we got one for Greyson for his birthday, I kinda fell in love. David surprised me with an early Mother's Day gift...a DS of my own, along with some games: Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7, Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and Tetris! Looooove. MarioKart is also pretty rad.

I'm tired just writing this. :)





14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy week! Enjoy your early gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy! I've been having a BLAST with it!

      Delete
  2. Nintendo DS is the bomb. The end is near. You can do it!

    Congrats to Grayson on his debut. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSS! How did I forget how much fun these DSes are??? Love, love. And thank you! He was some cuteness.

      Delete
  3. Mmmmm scalloped potatoes 😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were sooooo goooood. Nothing remotely healthy about 'em, but a fantastic treat. And easy!

      Delete
  4. I'm not a teacher but I work at a university and the end of the semester, particularly this one, is a doozy with 8 commencement ceremonies and all the stuff that goes with them. Plus, I feel like May came out of nowhere and just hit me over the head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh mercy! I remember those busy commencement days from when I was in the marketing department. Heather has been feeling that press at her job, too. We've been complaining about it. lol

      Delete
  5. It's good to hear that you're doing well, if a bit busy! Summer vacation seems so far away and yet within reach. At least you have some fun distractions for when you're not teaching or grading. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank ya, Kristen! LOTS of fun distractions! We've been loving gaming.

      Delete
  6. It sounds like things are going well for you! Enjoy your early present and I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol - my brain is so consumed with the political goings on that when I first read that you'd been to FoxFest, I thought you'd lost your mind. Or gone to protest. I need to step away from the news for a bit, I think, and remember that life, and fun events that have nothing to do with evil things like Fox News, still exist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAOOOO! Nooo, I will not be at any Fox News fests! hahaha It's been REALLY hard for me to remember the fun part of life. Harrrrd. Striving!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik