The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 6th and runs through Sunday, January 12th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 9.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.
I love Bout of Books because, as the blurb says, it's a really laid back event. I very rarely do any challenges or try for any prizes, but I love visiting other participants and reading my fanny off.
Read two or three mid-length books (about 250 pages each)
- Scratch that first goal. Instead of counting books, I'm shooting for 500-800 pages. I'll be happy with either, but that'll help me make headway on some of the chunky books I'm reading now and have coming up. :)
- Visit all the participants at least once
- Do at least one BookTube video about my progress and share them here on the blog.
- The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
- The Devil in Silver by Victor LaValle
- Possession by A.S. Byatt
- The Diviners by Libba Bray
- Oracle Night by Paul Auster (209 pages)
- Other Voices, Other Rooms by Truman Capote (232 pages)
- Hangsaman by Shirley Jackson (240 pages)
Just a few ideas, mostly from my upcoming TBRs. The exception is Hangsaman, because every day is a good day for Shirley Jackson. :D
Are you participating in Bout of Books 9.0? What's on your list of goals and potential reads?